Fix Linksys Smart WiFi Router Setup Error
Having Linksys router setup error, or can’t connect Linksys Smart Wi-Fi. Unable to install or configure linksyssmartwifi.com admin panel. Linksys smart wifi not connecting or won’t setting up Linksys router.
A Linksys Smart Wi-Fi router is a device that allows multiple computers, smartphones, tablets, laptops, gaming consoles, and so on to communicate with the same network. A router is generally connected to a modem to provide an internet connection to the devices connected to the router. Similarly, Linksys smart Wi-Fi is a device that allows you to associate with multiple devices. After setting up a Linksys router, you can easily access it whenever you want.
Linksyssmartwifi.com login Requirements
Before login make sure you have an Ethernet cable connected to the Internet port of both your Linksys Router and computer. You should also have a second LAN cable, connected to the WAN port of both your Linksys smart WIFI router and modem. Once finished, power on the router and then turn on the computer as well.
Linksyssmartwifi.com Setup Guide
- To open the router’s web-based setup page, open any web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
- Head towards the search bar and type Linksyssmartwifi.com into the search bar and hit enter.
- If Linksyssmartwifi.com is not working or is unable to access the login page, then you should enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 into the same address bar and then hit the enter key.
- You will be now asked to enter the default login credentials which are the username and password of your Linksys smart wifi router.
- Leave the username or the SSID field blank and input ‘Admin’ in the password field and then hit ok.
If you can’t setup Linksys router or are unable to configure the Linksys router then you should follow the following troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Install And Configure Issue- Troubleshoot
To get into the linksyssmartwifi.com web-based setup page the client will initially require to go into the web address of http://linksyssmartwifi.com using a standard web browser. In case the client is unable to configure the Linksys router or is confronting the issue while getting into the login arrangement page using any web address at that point you can follow the following troubleshooting steps.
- Power off and restart your Linksys router.
- Remove the Ethernet cables or any other connected cables from the router.
- After removing the cables power off the router pressing the power button.
- After a few minutes, turn the router on by pressing the power button and then try Linksyssmartwifi.com login once again.
- If still not able to access your Linksys smart Wi router, the power off the modem, computers, and other devices as well.
- After some time turn all the devices on, one after another. This also called the power cycling method.
- Check the web association of your Linksys smart WIFI router.
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Account Setup
To access your device remotely from anywhere, you have to create a Linksyssmartwifi account. Setting up the Linksys smart WIFI account is very simple. Initially, you have to ensure that you are connected to the wireless network and then go through the below-listed steps.
- First of all, visit the login page at Linksyssmartwifi.com
- Click on the option “Click Here” and go ahead.
- Enter the needed details and then tap the option “Create Account”.
- After that, wait for the confirmation message that would have been sent to your provided email address.
- The email that you have just received has a link. Click on the link to activate your Linksyssmartwifi.com account.
- You will now be redirected to the Linksyssmartwifi setup page.
- For further login process, tap on the message “your account is activated” that has popped up on your screen.
- Now you can easily link your Linksys router to the Smart WIFI account.
- Now, you have to enter the password and hit the virtual button “OK”.
- Your Linksys smart WIFI setup is done successfully. Now you can access and control your router remotely from anywhere you want.
Advanced Troubleshooting Tips
Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Login Issue
If you are still won’t connect to Linksys router network, then consider some of the advanced troubleshooting tips given in the below section of this articles.
Reset Your Linksys Smart WiFi Router
Using a 'reset' button restore linksyssmartwifi : –
If you are unable to perform Linksys Smart WIFI setup or have forgotten the username and password of your Linksys router, then you can simply follow the below-described instructions to resolve the issue.
- Locate and find the reset button on the rear panel of your router.
- Use a sharp object, such as a paperclip or any pin, and then press the reset button.
- Hold this reset button for at least ten to fifteen seconds, and then release.
- Let go of the reset process when the LED starts blinking rapidly.
- When the LED becomes stable, it means the reset process is completed successfully.
- Factory Reset Linksys Router
Using A Web Browser setup Linksys router: –
- Open a web browser and type in the default web address linksyssmartwifi.com at the Addy of the browser.
- Now, the appeared window will ask for the default username and password of your Linksys Smart wifi router.
- Go and tap on the administration tab, and then you will be able to see the option “Factory Default” sub-tab.
- You have to hit the next option “Restore Factory Default” button.
- The LED light will start blinking rapidly. After a few minutes, the light becomes stable.
- Don’t put any interruption in between the reset process.
Linksys Router Firmware Update
You need to update the firmware of your Linksys router regularly. Every time a new firmware is available, update it to have better security and performance. While updating your Linksys router, keep in mind the following points;
- Your router should be connected to a power outlet and powered on.
- Note down the serial number of your Linksys router.
- Sign-in into the web domain linksyssmartwifi.com to update your Linksys smart WIFI router.
- Visit your Linksys account using the web URL linksyssmartwifi.com.
- Enter the required login details into the required fields.
- Enter admin for the username field and password for the password field.
- When you get into the interface of your router, then go and click the option “Connectivity”, then tap basic.
- Next, you need to click on the router firmware option and then tap on “Check for update”.
- If you found any firmware update, tap on the “Upload” button.
- When the Linksys router firmware update is completed, restart the router.
Linksyssmartwifi Install, configure Linksys router Setup
You have learned to install, setup, and log in to your Linksys smart WIFI router. We have also discussed some troubleshooting and the advanced troubleshooting steps that will surely help you accessing your Linksys smart WIFI router without any hassle. Although Linksys is working continuously to provide its users with an effortless setup and login, still you may face some issues. For such troubles, contact us any time you need help. Our technical experts are always ready to help you.