Linksys extender setup allows the users to extend a wireless signal using any Wi-Fi router. Access extender.linksys.com or linksysextender.com admin login page. You may also utilize your Linksys Extender Setup to function as on extender mode.
Linksys Wi-Fi extender can be used when you feel it is difficult for your Wi-Fi signal to roam every corner of the house. To build up a new network, your Linksys extender takes the signal from the existing wireless router, or the access point and rebroadcasts it. The area that is unable to receive signals from your existing router is called Dead zones. Configure a Wi-Fi extender at the midpoint of your home to get the signal even in dead spots.
Prerequisites for Linksys extender login as Extender Mode
- You should have an active 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz WIFI connection.
- Your WIFI name, SSID, and password.
- Power adapter and Ethernet cable for the initial setup.
- A configuration device. It can be a computer, laptop, or tablet.
- Linksys WIFI extender and a router.
- A web domain extender.linksys.com set up to access the interface
Extender.linksys.com setup as Extender Mode
Connect your Linksys range extender using any device. It can be a laptop, a computer, or a tablet. Connect the device using the default SSID and Password of your Linksys extender login- xxx. The “xxx” is to represent the last three characters of your Linksys range extender RE6300’s MAC address. The MAC address of your Linksys extender RE6300 can be found on the label of your range extender.
Steps for Linksys extender setup
- Open a web browser, then enter the web URL http://extender.linksys.com or enter the default IP address of your router.
- Http://192.168.1.1 can be entered into the address bar of your browser as the default login gateway of your extender.
- Click the option “START SETUP” from the displayed options, you need to select only “As a Wireless Range Extender Mode” by default.
- Click next and select your WIFI connection type. Ethernet is dynamic or static.
- Select the frequency bands also. If the WIFI connection that you ate using is having a 5 GHz band, then you can see it with the 2.4 GHz band also.
- If you have a hidden SSID, then you need to click the option “Manually Enter the Network Name and Password” else wait until it catches your WIFI connection automatically.
- Enter the password for your WIFI, and then tap NEXT.
- Once you are connected, you will be prompted to configure the “Extended Wireless Network” that your Linksys range extender is broadcasting.
- If you wish to replace the default settings, then click to change it. But if you wish to continue with the default credentials, then click NEXT.
- Click the “Spot Finder” app that indicates the Linksys RE6300’s location is just right or where to place the extender to the most suitable location.
- Now the time is to set up a secure admin password for your Linksys RE6300 range extender. Add the password hint, and then click SAVE, once done.
- Now, you’ll have the option to register your product with the Linksys account.
- Enter your email address, and then tap next.
- Now you have conveniently achieved the username and password of your router.
Can't access Linksys as an extender mode, why?
Extender.linksys.com is a well-known service web address used as the default Linksys extender login page. To perform Linksys extender setup on range extender mode, you need to open an internet browser on a computer that is associated with the extender. After that, enter http://extender.linksys.com into the search bar of the browser and press the enter key.
This will surely take you to the Linksys extender setup page from where you can set up your Linksys extender as extender mode. If you still find any issue while setting up your Linksys range extender, call our experts or chat with us using the chat heads given at the bottom of this page.
Reasons that why you can't access Linksys as extender mode
- Make sure you have used the same SSID and password that you used to access your wireless router.
- If you are setting up the extender for the first time, then either use “Spot Finder” to place your range extender with the router.
- Also, try to place the extender close or under the range of your router’s WIFI network.
- Remove the Ethernet cable that you used to set up your range extender with the router, and place the RE6300 range extender to a close location from the WIFI router of your home.
- Do not place the router and the extender to the location near any kind of electric gadgets, or appliances. This causes signal interference.
Advanced troubleshooting guide for Linksys extender setup
- If your router and the extender have the WPS button on them, then press the WPS button on your router first, and then on the range extender.
- Pressing the WPS button helps to connect the router with the range extender without any external support and configuration panel.
- Move the direction of the power antennas of your range extender. Try to keep them in an upward direction to get the most range.
- If still, you are unable to get connected with the access point of your router, then you have to reset the range extender.
- Press the reset button on the back of your range extender for at least 20 seconds, and it will be restored to its default factory settings.
Essence- Linksys extender setup
After following the above-described troubleshooting steps, you can achieve the Linksys extender setup page very easily using the default username and password of your range extender. For details, you can click extender.linksys.com or http://extender.linksys.com. Linksys is the most reliable range extender that never leaves even a single corner of your house without a WIFI signal. No matter how big your house Linksys extender will provide you wall-to-wall signal range with a smooth and continuous network.